Organizing a birthday party for ur little one can get pretty hectic. A simple checklist of items could help u organize ur event better.
1. Make a guest list. Of course, nobody makes a perfect list in one shot. It will always be tentative and u will keep adding and deleting names but at least u will get an average idea of how many guests to expect.
2. Book a venue. According to ur guest capacity, u will need a venue that has enough space for the stage, the guests and the buffet. Considering the rate at which halls get pre-booked, u need to book ur venue well in advance. Say 2-3 months before ur event.
3. Book the caterer. Mostly halls have contacts with caterers so u could book it through them. Or u could do it separately. Be clear on ur menu and make sure you have an idea of what the dishes would taste like. Like they say, guests always remember the food.
4. Book an event planner. This will be the guy who will compere your event for u, organize activities and games and keep the party mood on.
5. Theme. Choose a theme for ur child’s birthday. There are so many Disney themes available, u could pick one for their every birthday. Stick to one theme. Usually some people mix two themes but I feel one simple uncomplicated theme would look much better.
6. Hall decorations. Ur hall decorations must be according to the theme. Make sure the stage deco is attractive to the eye bcoz that is where the major attention will be. U don’t want to overdo the deco but u don’t want to underdo it as well. Rest of the hall can be be decked in similar colors. U can have balloons in coordinating colors. As well as the chairs. U can decorate the entrance to the hall as well. That way ur guests get a feel of entering into ur party world.
7. Design ur birthday card. Design it according to your theme to make it look beautiful. Choose appropriate wordings. Mention the date, time and venue(possibly give venue directions) correctly on the card. Give a number to RSVP or contact just in case.
8. Book the cake. Again if it is in accordance with the theme, it would look pretty. U may choose the designs as available with the shops or give them a design u have in mind and get it custom made. Make sure that the cake will be transported to ur venue properly and on scheduled time. U don’t want it in too early, lest it gets melted.
9. Book the photographer. Needless to say, a good photographer who would suggest u good poses and shoot a beautiful album. There is a trend lately for baby shoots, so if u want to, u can plan one for ur child.
10. Shop for ur outfits. Shop for ur accessories as well. Make sure you and your baby’s entire look is well thought of and ready to avoid last minute hassles.
11. Shop for return gifts. Since it is a birthday party, u may opt for gifts only for the kids. Some choose to gift the entire family one gift as well. It’s entirely a personal choice. If ur host is getting the spot prizes, then well and good, else buy that too.
12. Gift pack them and keep it ready. I would suggest keeping a gift table in the hall for guests to keep their gifts on to avoid hassle. Choose proper music for the evening and side attractions like singing, balloon artists and tattoo artists if needed.
13. Send out the invites. At least a week in advance so ur guests can plan their week as well. U can either choose to print ur invites and hand deliver it personally or send an e-invite. A phone call to ur guests along with the e-invite would add a personal touch.
I hope the above points were useful. I’m not much of an expert but recently with the buzz of my nephew’s birthday party going on, I thought of drawing up a quick list. 😊