I remember when my friend told me that Originals is much more interesting than Vampire Diaries from which it had a spin off from , I was like *Damon face*
Bcoz at that time I was religiously following TVD. But then one day my whole stock of TVD got over and i started with Originals and I was like *Klaus face*
Not that I don’t like TVD now. Now its like I have got two parallel religions 😛
Here are some reasons why I love Originals:
1) Always and forever: That bond that the Mikaelson siblings have where they just cant get along with each others ideas but just cant stay without getting in each others ways. But I love the way they ferociously protect each other when it comes to facing their enemies.
2) Lots of magic!!! I grew up wishing that I could study at Hogwarts so magic in any form highly intrigues me & Originals has got so much of it! Each plot requires a witchy workaround , its amazing.
3) Then there’s Klaus – the bad guy with redeeming points! Exactly my type of favorite character! I just love his wicked use of words. That accent and that twisted “I secretly know it all smile” . Even all that paranoia and anger seems understandable too.
4) I love the Supernatural! And this series is full of Super natural communities at the brink of war with each other! Welcome to the Crescent city of New Orleans and its Crown jewel – The French quarter! Witches, werewolves, vampires, hybrids – pick ur team!
5) Saving the best for the last – Powerful storyline and outstanding plot twists.
Let’s meet some of the main guys from the series:
Putting it in actor Joseph Morgan’s own words – ” He’s kind of this lone wolf. He desperately wants love and acceptance, but he can’t handle it. He doesn’t know how to emotionally process it and so he ends up lashing out. He really kind of throws tantrums and becomes a child so I don’t know, he’s got some emotional growing to do — and quite frankly, I don’t know who will put up with him.”
He’s that Original who always wears a suit 😛 He’s the noble brother of the Mikaelson family striving with the hope of keeping the family together. He is impeccably disciplined and when he gives u his word on something, consider it done.
Fierce, brave & unapologetic Rebekah. She’s a bold and brazen beauty and has the audacity to live life on her own terms.
‘Little wolf’ is always ready for a fight & boy! Can she handle Klaus with that look! We get to see her gentle side as a mother too and that is very touching.
Marcel is a born leader. He has quite the way with words. He makes it sound like anything is possible and why not, when you are a vamp 😛 But he’s cool B-)
Harvest girl Davina can do magic with her eyes. I know many guys like her but my opinion about her is still under construction
She’s that innocent human who finds herself in the midst of centuries old supernatural drama. A bartender with a degree in psychology. Total cliché! But yes, she’s a very heart-warming character.
Ending it with my favorite selfie of the Mikaelson family 🙂